Post-Baby Meal Prep: What's in My Freezer
The past few weekends I've been doing a lot of cooking and freezing meals so we have some stuff to defrost when we come home with the new baby! My mom will be here on December 1 and is always amazing in the kitchen so I figured we just needed enough to get us through a week or two to get us started (plus I ran out of room in the freezer a lot faster than I thought I would).
Here's what's in my freezer right now:
- Fit Foodie Finds' Healthy Chicken Enchilada Casserole. I used white rice and it looked so good that Rob and I had some before I popped it in the freezer. It's delicious and I'm already looking forward to defrosting it and having it sometime in the next couple of weeks.
- These hash browns that I usually do with sweet potatoes, but used white potatoes instead. I froze them in 1 cup increments so we can defrost a little at a time and just scramble some eggs as we need them.
- My "famous" bacon-wrapped dates--they're a great snack and Rob loves them. I skipped the goat cheese this time.
- Some easy Paleo pumpkin banana muffins that I made up one morning when I realized I had bananas about to go bad and a can of pumpkin in the pantry:
- 4 bananas
- 3-4 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- Maybe 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- A few handfuls of chocolate chips
- Mix everything together and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
- I wanted to make these sheet pan eggs but ended up freezing about 4 servings of a breakfast casserole that I made for book club the other day (basically it's this one but I skipped the meat and added some cheese).
- More Christmas cookies than anyone needs--I'm sharing a bunch of those recipes the first week of December, so stay tuned!
I still want to make these recipes:
- Kale Soup with Potatoes and Sausage. My aunt Pat sent me a great list of freezer-friendly dishes to make if you're having a baby and this was one of them.
- Another from that list: Scallion Meatballs with Soy-Ginger Glaze
- When my mom gets here I may ask her to make her empanadas so I can write down the recipe and share them with you guys. They're the best and we never have them because they aren't even a little Paleo, but I'm thinking a hand-held meat pie might be the perfect breastfeeding snack, so we may have to make an exception.
- A few things from my new book: fat bombs, "granola" bars, cheeseburger casserole, and buffalo chicken dip.
Do you have any favorite freezer-friendly meals? I want to hear them! I'm sure we'll do another round of cooking once my mom gets here so I want to have a new list ready to go!