What I'm Packing in My Hospital Bag
Rob and I are starting to think about what we need to pack in our hospital bag so it's ready to go when we are! My "birth plan" is basically to see how things go and labor at home for as long as possible (my wonderful aunt Joanne is going to be our doula so she'll meet us at our house first) before heading to the hospital to do the damn thing! I don't really know what to expect, but from what I've read about other people's experiences I don't really think I need a huge bag full of stuff, so I'm just planning to pack a few things to make myself a little more comfortable (and so I can brush my teeth at some point).
- I have no problem wearing a hospital gown through labor and delivery but think it might be nice to have something a little warmer and softer for later, like this robe.
- I can't get enough of this face spray and find myself using it a lot more often when I'm stressed out, so I'm definitely bringing it with me as a little pick-me-up.
- Definitely bringing my Snoogle. I haven't been able to sleep without it for months now.
- Sticky socks to wear around the hospital room.
- Some nice lip balm. Can you tell I love rose-scented stuff?
- A soft and comfy bra--I have a nursing bra like this one and it's pretty much the only thing I want to wear under my tops lately.
- Phone, iPad or laptop and chargers (I fully intend to binge-watch Netflix shows through contractions).
- Hair ties, our toothbrushes, face wash.
- Maternity leggings, a few comfy tops, and a sweater.
- Baby clothes to bring her home in--a onesie, little sweatpants, socks, a hat, and a blanket.
- Pillows and blankets for Rob.
- A few snacks, although I don't think I'll be eating much once we get checked in and after the baby comes you guys all know I'm just having a huge cold turkey sandwich.
What am I forgetting? I'd love to hear what you brought to the hospital if you've done this before!
This post contains affiliate links.