A few weeks ago, my friend Jamie and I went to brunch at a sweet little place in Plaza Midwood called Zada Jane's, where I got an awesome dish called the Booker T.S. East Side Hasher, which was sweet potato hash browns underneath a sausage and egg frittata and topped with cheddar cheese. It was so good that I decided to make it a little Paleo-er at home over the weekend.
- About a cup of chopped sweet potatoes
- Two tablespoons of ghee
- One to two cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Four eggs
- One package of your favorite breakfast sausage
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- In a large pan, cook the sausage. Once both sides are thoroughly browned, remove from heat and set aside.
- Saute garlic, onions, and green peppers in the ghee. Cook sweet potatoes according to this recipe. Once they're finished, remove from heat and set aside with the sausage.
- Cook the eggs--we had them scrambled but they would be really great over medium or even poached. It's up to you!
- To serve, layer sweet potatos, eggs, and (chopped) sausage. Top with green onions and enjoy!