I woke up this morning and took Ender on a little two-mile run and it was one of those mornings that's chilly but sunny and you just know it's shaping up to be a gorgeous spring day. It's been a while since I shared some music with you guys so I felt like making a list of warm-weather tunes I can't help but play on repeat this time of year. Most of them bring me back to my college days, specifically my junior year right after Rob and I started dating, when I'd drive (or run!) the 6 miles from my campus to his with the windows down, girlfriends often in tow, blasting guilty pleasures like Love Story.
- Fool for Love, Lord Huron
- This song plays at the end of a Girls episode and I loved it so much I had to look it up, and I've been listening to it regularly ever since (probably at least a year). It's so folksy and fun.
- Love Story, Taylor Swift
- Oh, Taylor. This song drives me nuts but I love it so much--mostly for the memories it brings, I think. My roommates and I used to listen to this so much (the whole album just reminds me so much of college), even though it's obvious Taylor has never read Romeo and Juliet. (I picture Kelly Kapoor in The Office saying "...the Claire Danes one.")
- Good Help (Is So Hard To Find), Death Cab for Cutie
- Death Cab is my all-time favorite band and all of their albums remind me of whatever season they came out in. Kintsugi was released in March of 2015 and it brings back memories of spring in Charlotte, living in our South End apartment and driving to the Dairy Queen in Plaza Midwood for ice cream with the sunroof open, feeling that southern humidity even at 9PM.
- Near to You, A Fine Frenzy
- This album used to me my running music--I liked how slow most of the songs were, which always helped me pace myself for longer runs. It also reminds me of being a heartbroken teenager who thought the wrong guy was The One--haven't we all been there? What a sweet feeling it is to look back and be thankful that certain things didn't pan out the way we thought we wanted them to.
- Don't Leave Me [Ne Me Quitte Pas], Regina Spektor
- One of the best Regina songs, in my opinion. So bouncy and fun to listen to. I love her. (Fun fact: Sophie was almost Regina for like two weeks.)
Do you have favorite songs that change with the seasons? I want to hear them!