I'm so excited to be sharing a recipe from my new book with you today! I asked you guys to choose between two recipes on my Instagram Stories about a week ago and this Salmon Romesco was the winner.
I tried really hard to come up with recipes that didn't feel diet-y or super hardcore ketogenic, so you could feel good about making them even if high-fat, low-carb eating isn't your thing. This salmon with romesco sauce is super easy to make and incredibly delicious--you can even make extra sauce and freeze it for later and serve it with pretty much anything you want. I hope you love it as much as I do.
Salmon Romesco from The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tomato
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- On a large baking sheet, spread out the almonds and add the garlic and tomato. Roast for 10 minutes or until the almonds are fragrant and just starting to brown. Remove the almonds and continue roasting the garlic and tomato for 15-20 minutes more, until the garlic is browned and the tomato has softened.
- While the almonds, garlic, and tomato roast, on a separate baking sheet bake the salmon for 30-35 minutes, or until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, roast the red peppers for 3-5 minutes over an open flame or on a hot (medium-high) grill until the skins are blackened. Cover with plastic wrap and let sweat until cool enough to handle. Peel off the blackened skin and remove the seeds.
- In a food processor, combine the almonds, garlic, tomato, bell peppers, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, cayenne, and some salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Serve over the salmon and enjoy immediately.
Let me know if you make this dish! I love seeing your photos on Instagram, so make sure to tag me @mflynnpete and use #big15keto. Don't forget to preorder your copy for 149 more keto recipes--the book goes on sale officially December 5!
Photo by Linda Schneider for The Big 15 Ketogenic Diet Cookbook.