More Wine Country + Another San Francisco Weekend
We spent Tuesday through Friday morning in Healdsburg, which turns out to be one of the dreamiest places in California. We stayed in an amazing loft above the square and most of our time was spent working on La Crema Farm to Table at Home, a really fun series that I can't wait to start sharing with you all this month. Even though we were busy, we still managed to go out for a really nice meal every night, and of course there was coffee every morning!
Here are some of the places we went:
- Coffee at the Healdsburg Flying Goat location, conveniently across the street from our loft.
- Best burgers ever at Healdsburg Bar & Grill.
- Wine at the La Crema Tasting Room, obviously.
- More coffee at The Healdsburg Shed. So good. That place is gorgeous.
- Fantastic tapas at Bravas. If you go, get the goat cheese toast and some mushrooms (although the paella looked phenomenal as well--everything was good).
We headed back to San Francisco on Friday morning and I had lunch with my friend and colleague from Minted before spending the weekend with some friends from home. San Francisco is so wonderful anytime, but especially when you're escaping the heat of wine country and/or North Carolina in late July.
More food/drink/things we saw:
- Lunch before a tour of the Minted offices at Cotogna.
- A fantastic dinner at Aliment--the Brussels sprouts are out of control.
- A walk around Hayes Valley and some iced coffees from Blue Bottle.
- Took a ferry ride to Sausalito where we ate lunch and then had drinks on the beach at Bar Bocce.
- Back to the city for takeout from Tony's and a park picnic.