San Francisco, Day One
Hello from California! This morning I have a meeting here in the city and then Rob and I are picking up a rental car and heading to Santa Rosa for the night before the big few days of work with La Crema begin!
We landed in San Fransisco Saturday evening, got our bags, and checked into our lovely Airbnb before heading out in search of a very late dinner before going straight to bed. Yesterday, however, was jam-packed full of walking, eating, and hanging out with friends we haven't seen in far too long (also I took a ton of pictures).
Here's what we did:
- Stayed in Haight-Ashbury.
- Dinner and a walk around The Castro.
- Coffee at Ritual Coffee Roasters in Mission.
- Brunch at Mission Beach Cafe--I had the best Benedict ever.
- Late lunch with friends at The Little Chihuahua (Rob got a burrito and I had tacos and they were amazing).
- Ice cream from Bi-Rite. We waited in line for at least 30 minutes and it was absolutely worth it. If you go you have to have the honey lavender. It's pretty dreamy.
- Met up with more friends while we waited for ice cream and we all spent an hour or two sitting in Mission Dolores Park.
- Headed to North Beach for dinner with Rob's cousin--we grabbed a drink and some appetizers at Balboa Cafe before doing the exact same thing at Rose's Cafe.