As I'm sure you would expect from a Paleo eater, I'm a pretty big fan of sweet potatoes; but the truth is that I don't eat them at home very often--other than baking chips in the oven, I don't really do too much with them. But over the weekend, I made some sweet potato hash browns as part of an at-home brunch and they were delicious and easy, so I'm sharing the recipe with you here today!
- One to two sweet potatoes, chopped or diced (I used a mandolin slicer and then cut the slices into strips, and then cut the strips into thirds.)
- Two tablespoons of ghee
- One to two cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In your largest pan, melt the ghee over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes and mix around so all sides of them get covered with ghee. Spread out into an even layer and let cook for a few minutes.
- Stir the sweet potatoes and spread back into an even layer. Let cook for a few more minutes.
- Repeat step 3 until all sides are crunch and golden-brown. Be patient (it took mine almost fifteen minutes), but keep an eye on them so they don't burn.
- Serve with fried eggs, or whatever else you might want for breakfast!