Working from home means that I really don't put a ton of makeup on during the week. Sometimes that can be really nice, but sometimes I miss getting dolled up on a regular basis. Because I hate washing off a face full of makeup after a day where I saw maybe one or two people and mostly just sat on my couch with Ender, I've mastered a really quick 5-minute makeup routine that I like to wear most days--it makes me happy whether I'm meeting someone for lunch, going to the dog park, or just planning to stay home and work-- either way, I don't have to commit to a full face. Plus, it's quick.
The following "tutorial," if you will, includes all of my "must have" products--these are the ones I use all the time. If I'm going out or dressing up, I'll add a smokey eye or a cut crease with eyeshadow. I think I'd like to do more makeup posts this year, so let me know if you'd like to see any specific stuff!
- I've been using this tinted moisturizer (my shade is Finland) in place of foundation lately--it feels really great on, but I don't know if I'm obsessed with it. I like that it has sunscreen in it but I think I want something with a bit more coverage. If you have a foundation recommendation, I'd love to hear it!
- This concealer is really wonderful (I wear it in Custard, although I find that shade just a tad too yellow for me). After the tinted moisturizer, I put it under my eyes, on any blemishes, and then I dot it down my nose, cupid's bow, and right in the middle of my chin. I use a brush, but I have my eye on this blender.
- I've used this powder forever--I tap it all over my face after I blend the concealer.
- This bronzing powder is great because it's pretty matte--I sweep it under my cheekbones, along the ridges of my nose, and quickly underneath my chin and neck for some contouring.
- I don't know why I go from contouring to eyes, but it's just how I do it. I am nothing if not consistent in my routines. This is the 5-minute version, so I skip eyeshadow and apply a generous portion of liquid eyeliner. Eye makeup is the one place I refuse to splurge, because I've found that drugstore brands do just as well, and I also use a lot of it. I have really huge eyes so I like to avoid cat eyes or winged liner--I like it starting about 1/3 of the way from the inner corners of my eye and drawn significantly thicker toward the outer corners.
- I curl my lashes with a simple curler like this one and apply mascara. I feel like I've tried them all, but I always end up back with this guy.
- Back to my cheekbones--a little of this blush in Melba. I bought it for my wedding and haven't used anything else since.
- Finally, some highlighter along my upper cheekbones and down my nose, cupid's bow, and chin--basically over all the places I dotted concealer earlier. I've shared this one multiple times and probably won't shut up about it anytime soon--it's the best.
- I'm constantly forgetting to do my lips, so I slap some of this balm on them, usually on my way out the door. My friend Patrick and I bought these at a Black Friday Bath and Body Works sale a few years ago and he literally texted me a few days later asking "What did we do before we had our rose salve?" It's an important question, and one I still don't know the answer to.
What beauty products do you use every day?
This post contains affiliate links.