Can you believe Valentine's Day is just a week away? Rob and I don't usually do very much to celebrate, but I always like to make a little treat and maybe some dinner.
This year I decided to try my hand at some keto fat bombs--they only take a few ingredients and they're packed with healthy fats so they make a really great treat when you're trying to cut out sugar. Some people sweeten them with a bit of honey or any other natural sweetener, but I don't think they need it.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed butter (optional but delicious)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- A pinch of salt
- Several tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut, for topping
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt coconut oil and whisk together with almond butter until combined. Add cocoa powder and butter. Continue to stir until combined. Add the salt and remove from heat.
- Pour the mixture into baking molds--I use silicone cupcake liners, but you could find cute little heart ones or some other shape.
- Pop them into the freezer for 15-20 minutes, or until they've hardened enough to handle. Store in the fridge!