Cocktail Recipe: Citrus Elderflower Cooler
I absolutely love entertaining, especially in the summer, and ever since we moved into a place with a backyard, we've been having friends over almost every weekend. Usually I'll pour a couple glasses of wine or grab some beers out of the fridge, but lately I've been itching to serve up some fun cocktails instead. This one is full of bright, tropical flavors and a little hint of elderflower, which makes for the perfect drink to celebrate the start of summer. I kind of love the mix of fruit with floral.
- About 2 tablespoons of diced pineapple
- 2-3 thin slices of fresh mango
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup elderflower liquor
- 1 cup orange juice
- A splash of tequila (optional)
- Sliced blood orange, for garnish
- Separate the pineapple and mango between two glasses. Muddle the fruit with the end of a wooden spoon. Fill the rest of each glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker full of ice, combine vodka, elderflower, orange juice, and tequila. Shake until it's so cold you don't want to hold it anymore. Pour the cocktail mixture over the ice and give it a stir to incorporate the muddled fruit. Garnish with a slice of blood orange (regular orange would be fine if you can't find blood oranges) and enjoy.
I plan to share more cocktail recipes from now on, so if you have an ingredient you'd like me to work in, let me know. Cheers!