Recipe: Chicken Pad Thai from Quick + Easy Spiralizer
Happy Friday! I'm so excited to be sharing this recipe with you today--it's one of my favorites from my new book, Every Friday until the book goes on sale, I'll be posting some of my favorite recipes, starting with this veggie noodle Pad Thai.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon peeled minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or thighs, thinly sliced
- The juice of 2 limes, plus 1 lime cut into wedges for garnish
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 2-3 carrots, spiralized
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3-4 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion, ginger, and garlic and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add the chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, peanut butter, soy sauce, and fish sauce.
- Add the zucchini and carrot noodles to the sauce, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until fork-tender. Add the bean sprouts and scallions, and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, top with crushed peanuts, season with salt and pepper, and serve with a wedge of lime and cilantro.
Tip: Use almond butter and sliced almonds instead of peanut butter and peanuts to make this recipe Paleo; if you follow a strict Paleo diet, use coconut aminos instead of the gluten-free soy sauce.
Enjoy! Quick + Easy Spiralizer Cookbook goes on sale March 6 but you can preorder it now.
his post is brought to you in partnership with Rockridge Press.