Recipe: Lemony Cucumber Salad with Tuna and Peas
I've been thinking about this salad for a while now and I'm so glad I finally made it--it's mostly cucumbers and tuna but I threw some lettuce and peas in there as well. The whole thing is dressed in a really simple lemon vinaigrette and tossed together with the secret ingredient...chopped mint! There's just something so beautiful about lemon and cucumber and mint together, and I especially love it with tuna.
- 1 large cucumber, sliced thinly or spiralized into ribbons
- 1/4 cup of peas
- About 1/2 cup of lettuce, chopped
- 1 5-ounce can of Wild Selections Tuna in Water, drained
- 2-3 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (or the juice of 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, peas, and lettuce together. In a smaller bowl, whisk lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour half of the dressing onto the salad and toss well to combine.
- Just before serving, add the tuna, mint leaves, and a bit more dressing. Toss gently and serve immediately.
I'm really excited to be partnering with Wild Selections on this post--their tuna is not only Non-GMO Project Verified but also simple, natural,and delicious. Wild Selections gives back to the oceans by donating 13 cents from every can sold—a total of $1 million by 2018—to World Wildlife Fund marine conservation and fishery improvement projects. Wild Selections is the only brand to “pay it forward” and act on its belief to take care of the oceans for the future, not just fishing sustainably in the present.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.