Happy Friday! This is my last work day at home before we head to Charlotte for Christmas, and my final Friday Favorites post of 2016--can you believe it? This year is rapidly coming to a close and I feel like I have so many things I want to get done before we tun the page to January.
- I absolutely loved reading about (and listening to) this Minneapolis couple's rendition of "Baby It's Cold Outside" with consent. But let's face it, it's not Christmas without the Glee version, either.
- George's Best Day! What an amazing dog for an amazing little girl.
- To Kill a Mockingbird removed from Virginia schools for racist language. Literature major/enthusiast soap box: This is a really complicated issue, but censorship hurts everyone. We can't erase the past or make it easier to swallow by removing books that cover ugly truths. I was sad to read this news out of eastern Virginia. EDIT: I just heard that the books were reinstated. Thanks, Laura Beth!
- The future! This video gave me passion eyes. I see these self-driving cars on the road in our neighborhood every day. It's so exciting to live in Silicon Valley where some really incredible things are being tested.
- I found these Chardonnay pairings to be very eye-opening and helpful.
- A lot of these made me cry, the rest made me laugh. 33 Pictures That Show 2016 Wasn't A Completely Terrible Year.
- I was super excited to see these sunglasses on sale last week, so I snagged them ASAP; but they're still on sale in black (which is what I got them in).
- Speaking of sales, this unique-looking swim suit is on sale and has me dreaming of my trip to Las Vegas next month. My college roommates and I rented a house with our husbands and it has a hot tub.
- This would be the perfect holiday dress if I had $1500 burning a hole in my pocket.
- I've always been a Converse girl but lately I've had my eye on these Nikes. What do you think?
- If you haven't taken it yet, I'd love to hear your feedback in my 2016 Reader Survey! I've really appreciated hearing from those of you who have already submitted, and I wish I could give all you BRCA and far-from-home readers a huge hug. I value your criticism, as well, and I'm looking forward to working even harder in 2017.
- I'm teaching my favorite SkillPop class on Tuesday in Charlotte! If you're in the area and have any interest in the topic, we'd love to see you there.
- And finally, is there anyone on your Christmas list who might enjoy getting a copy of The Big 15 Paleo Cookbook? You can still get it in time if you order now!
What are you up to this weekend? I'm finishing up some work and running a few errands, then packing for our long trip to the East Coast for the holidays! On Sunday we're having some of Rob's California family over for a pizza night, which should be really fun. Then on Monday we fly to Charlotte--I can't wait to see our North Carolina friends and family!
This post contains affiliate links.