Friday Favorites (71) + a Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide
Happy Friday! I've had such a productive week--Ender tried out a new daycare on Wednesday so it gave me a chance to clean the house (he hates the vacuum and the mop), I did lots of reading and writing, and I have a couple exciting projects in the pipeline that I'm pumped to get started on!
This weekend we're laying low, but on Saturday we're going to head to San Francisco and then further north to Santa Rosa--Russian River Brewing Co. is one of our favorite places and it's been a while since we had a pint of Pliny the Elder!
- Gilmore Girls' final words change everything we believe about Rory and Stars Hollow. I really enjoyed this piece. I felt like the revival did an amazing job playing into our nostalgia and love of the show, but overall I felt disappointed (don't get me wrong though, I'm still Team Logan all the way). I'd love to hear what you thought!
- This made me laugh so hard.
- I had the pleasure of meeting Emily at our last La Crema event and her recent news has touched me so deeply. Wishing you a speedy recovery and good health in the months to come, Emily! And then we can finally schedule that brunch date. (If you don't read her blog, you should--she's talented and hilarious.)
- I'm reading Modern Lovers for my book club next weekend and really enjoying it.
- I want to live in this sweater. (Here's a similarly cozy-looking one for less.)
- How beautiful is this dress?
- I accidentally bought this night cream for post-menopausal skin but dammit if it doesn't feel amazing!
- I had a pair of shoes that looked just like this (except they were waaaay cheaper, haha) and I have no idea where they went.
- My curling iron pooped out on me and now I'm looking for a new one. I'm tempted to splurge and buy this one (I love DryBar)--does anyone have a recommendation? I don't know how to use the wands so it needs to be an old-fashioned curling iron with a clamp and everything.
- What do you think, does Ender need this sweater?
Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide:
Rob and I (and our brothers) aren't big on Christmas gifts, but sometimes it's nice to gift a friend or family member with one or two smaller goodies like the ones I've included below. I've never done a gift guide like this so let me know what you think! I could definitely put together a few more in the next couple of weeks. Everything is under $50 and most of the items are things I use and love already. The image below is clickable but I've linked to everything underneath it, as well!
- I have this Bobbi Brown shimmer brick and use it not only for blush, but also to highlight (the light strip at the top is perfect for that).
- This little initial ring is so sweet and the perfect way to give something more personalized.
- I've never experienced a Diptyque candle because I think they're way too expensive, but the price of the mini size is a bit easier to justify.
- I'm obsessed with this Mario Badescu face spray. I keep it in my bag or on my desk and use it all the time when I'm running errands or at my computer for too long. So refreshing.
- See's Candies have been part of every holiday I can remember since I was a kid! My mom and I always got the Nuts & Chews. Now that we're in California, I'll have to stop by one of the stores and stock up to bring them back before every trip!
- I've linked to this dry shampoo before, but I have to do it again--it's seriously one of the best I've ever tried. My friends and I are all very oddly proud of how rarely we wash our hair, so I may be gifting a few this holiday season.
That's all for now! I'd love to know what you have on your holiday list this year. Also please feel free to dish about Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life!
This post contains affiliate links.