Happy Thanksgiving to all my American readers and friends! We're staying put this year and will be running the Silicon Valley Turkey Trot this morning before heading to my aunt's house in Half Moon Bay. When I was a little kid I used to love spending holidays like the 4th of July in Half Moon Bay, and I'm excited to be here with Rob and Ender for some new holiday family time and memories.
I know it sounds cheesy, but I like to take this time every year to really think about the things I have to be thankful for. Gratitude is something I try to practice every day, but it can be easy to forget. So, without further ado, here's my list--I'd love to hear yours!
- For a husband who loves me and a marriage that feels like a partnership.
- For a truly wonderful year career-wise: a new job for Rob, and a successful first book for me.
- For my health, and for access to great doctors and regular imaging that will allow me to hopefully stay cancer-free until I'm ready for surgery.
- For the opportunity to explore a new home in a new state on a new side of the country.
- For a sweet pup who curls up with me on the couch every afternoon while I work on my computer and drink a cup of tea.
- For really good memories of past Thanksgivings at Smith Mountain Lake with my family and our neighbors.
And finally, I'm thankful for this blog, and for all of you who read it. My life wouldn't be the same without you guys.
What are your plans this Thanksgiving?
I'd love to hear something on your list of things to be grateful for this year.