Friday Favorites (59)
Happy Friday! I don't know about you, but for me this week really flew by. We got a storage unit in our building and have been moving some of our (necessary) clutter out--firs our dining room table and now a lot of boxes that we could get rid of but aren't, since we plan to move to a new place this summer. I had a couple of meetings and kept myself busy with the blog, organizing our apartment, and cooking--Whole30 is not going to happen if you don't do some planning ahead in the kitchen.
I'm looking forward to one of those weekends that's both busy and laid-back--tomorrow we don't have any plans other than a possible trip to IKEA to look for a new side table for our reading chair, and then on Sunday I'm modeling in a really cool charity event at Unknown Brewing in South End--if you live in Charlotte, you should come by and say hello!
I haven't posted any Friday Favorites in a month, so I have lots of links for you today!
- You're Not "Adulting," You're Acting Your Fucking Age. Yep.
- Have you ever been holding or petting or hugging a really cute animal and wanted to squeeze them until their head explodes (Oberon style, you guys)? This happens to me with Ender regularly, so I found this article to be especially interesting.
- The 6 Types Of Money Personalities You Meet in Your 20s. Pretty much.
- The Surprising Benefit of Going Through Hard Times.
- The hipster is dead, and you might not like what comes next. It's a yuccie. And oh my God you guys, I am one.
- Things From 2015 I Never Understood and Would Like Some Clarification on Before Year's End. A little late, but all still very true.
- "Game of Thrones" Will Change its Approach to Sexual Violence in Season 6. Look, I get it. But I have some weird opinions about this. I don't want to watch violent sexual assault any more than the next person, but there's something about it that seems important to me. Sexual violence is real, and it's a problem. Part of why I love Game of Thrones is because there is so much reality grounded in the fantasy. As Ben says so nerdily in Parks and Rec: "It's not just for fantasy enthusiasts; they're telling human stories in a fantasy world."
- The Rise of Samantha and Miranda. Rob and I just finished watching Sex and the City all the way through (I've seen it countless times but Rob had never watched it from start to finish), and I have to say I totally agree with this piece. I'm not a huge fan of Miranda but I do appreciate her so much more than Carrie or Charlotte. And Samantha is wonderful, let's just get real.
- Yet another baggy striped shirt.
- I'm running out of liquid eyeliner and always want to try something new. What do you use? This one has been my go-to the past year or so.
- Cutest little earrings.
- This looks like a great everyday bag.
- If I had a nightgown like this one I'd probably never leave the house.
Sponsored: Have you tried any of these cheese slicers?
What are you guys up to this weekend? Hope you have a good one!