Recipe: Paleo Salted Chocolate Avocado Mousse
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm not usually a big fan of Paleo treats, but dammit if this Paleo chocolate mousse isn't downright decadent. The secret to the texture is avocado, if you can believe it, and it's sweetened with some agave syrup and topped off with a pinch of salt to balance it in a truly delicious way.
My current favorite way to enjoy this is with a sliced banana on top and a cup of coffee on the side--talk about a nice change of pace from scrambled eggs. I hope you love it as much as I do!
Paleo Salted Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup raw agave syrup (plus or minus a tablespoon, depending on your preference)
- a pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Combine until smooth (about two minutes or less).
- Place the mousse into a piping bag (if you don't have one of these you can just use a plastic bag and cut a corner off) and pipe into individual dishes.
- Serve immediately or place into the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!