Last year, I came up with a delicious cafe miel popsicle recipe and I thought of them this year when Lavazza sent me some of their Gran Selezione roast and asked me to come up with a cold beverage to celebrate summer. So I pulled out the blender and used almost the exact same ingredients--coffee, coconut cream, and honey--to make a Paleo coconut frappé.
Whoever said "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" was on to something.
Paleo Coconut Café Frappé
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 12 ounces of coffee--I used Lavazza Gran Selezione
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for garnish
- The night before you make this, take a little over half of the coffee and freeze it in an ice cube tray.
- In a blender, combine coffee ice cubes, the creamy part of the can of coconut milk (about four or five tablespoons), honey, and the liquid coffee.
- Pour into a chilled glass, top with cocoa powder, and enjoy!
This post is brought to you in partnership with Lavazza.