Friday Favorites (55) + a fitBallet Giveaway!
Happy Friday, everyone! It's been crazy week over here as I've been trying to get as organized as possible for our trip to California, but I wanted to share some links that I've been holding on to with you before I go!
- What 10 Years Taught Me. Sam has such a wonderful way with words.
- A fascinating piece on what the use of one simple word can do to our credibility, especially in the workplace. Now I catch myself using it all the time and am trying to find better ways to communicate in emails.
- Barbecue is an American Tradition--of Enslaved Africans and Native Americans--an interesting piece about a southern staple.
- Beautiful thoughts on what it means (or doesn't mean) to change your name after you get married.
- My friend Julie of fitBallet wrote an eBook and it's fantastic. It's full of tips and workouts and meal plans, but also some really beautiful words--the first few introductory pages gave me passion eyes. It has been truly amazing to watch a friend take an idea and turn it into something real, something successful, and something that actually helps people. If you'd like a copy, you can take 10% off with the code FRECKLEDITALIAN; or you can enter to win one below:
- I just got around to watching Cake and it was totally beautiful.
- Conan interviews some of the cast of Game of Thrones. I love seeing these actors as regular people.
- Emilia Clarke's valley girl accent is too good. (Sorry, I guess I was in a GoT mood!)
- A fun infographic by Gym and Fitness.
What are you guys up to this weekend? I hope you had a great week!
Photo: Another favorite from V.A. Photography's secret garden at Tuckahoe Plantation this spring.