Rob and I are pretty bad about throwing away perfectly good leftovers and spending even more money on junk, so we're trying this thing called Eat Everything In The Fridge Before Going Out For Food, and let's face it, it's kind of the worst sometimes. But, to keep at it, I've been focusing on really simple recipes using stuff I already have in my kitchen. Some of these things are often hot sauce, mayo, butter, and cauliflower.
Now I'm not someone who makes meatless dishes and says "It's just as good as the real thing!" (mostly because I'm a carnivore), but yeah--roasted cauliflower does have a really nice, meaty texture that could easily pass as a decent chicken wing substitute, especially when paired with some homemade Buffalo sauce. But chances are you'll find me eating these as a snack while our dinner is cooking on the grill. Either way, I hope you enjoy this simple, healthy, cheap, and delicious dish.
For the Buffalo Cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1/3 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 1 head of cauliflower
- A couple tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Paleo Ranch
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon each:
- celery seed
- onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- pinch of salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut and wash the head of cauliflower. Season lightly with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes, depending on how crispy you like it.
- While the cauliflower bakes, melt the butter in a large bowl and stir in the hot sauce.
- Once the cauliflower is done, transfer it to the bowl with the sauce and toss well to cover every piece.
- Serve with Paleo Ranch dressing:
- Mix the mayo and coconut milk together in a bowl.
- Add dill, celery seed, onion powder, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir well and taste.
- Add more herbs or salt/pepper as needed.