Friday Favorites (52)
Happy Friday! I have a bunch of links I've been hanging on to for a few weeks, so I'll just get right to it:
Life and Reading:
- I really appreciated this: Elizabeth Gilbert on Failure.
- We're talking about young adult literature all wrong.
- Also related: Children's books are never just for children.
- This is something I struggle with sometimes. I'm always kind of proud deep down when I'm too busy to think and that's not a great way to go about my daily life: Exhaustion is not a status symbol.
Food and Health:
- A beautiful piece by one of my favorite podcast-ers: The Seven-Minute Egg.
- Vitamin B.S.--What do you think?
- An interesting thought: We've Hit Peak 'Sommelier.' I liked the allusion to "artisan territory." It is always a little silly to see some kind of "artisan" sandwich at a Burger King or something.
- Ellen Meets Macey Hensley. This little girl had me laughing my ass off. What a gem.
- Usher Plays Peekaboo on #RepeatAfterMe. I love him.
- This was too sweet--Roberty Downey Jr. presents a bionic arm to a sweet 7-year-old with a partially developed right arm.
Wish List/Other Stuff:
- How sweet is this bright jumpsuit?
- I'm loving all these high-waisted bikinis on ModCloth.
- Are you familiar with Partyopedia? It's a family-run, one-stop-shop for birthday supplies.
- I'm sort of obsessed with these pretty sunglasses.
What are you all up to this weekend? We've got no place to be for the first time in several weeks so we're staying put and relaxing as much as possible. Hope you have a good one!
Photo by Sarah Gatrell.