Recipe: Mini Eggplant Pizzas
I almost never buy eggplant, but the other day I picked up some pizza sauce and too much pepperoni, so I thought I'd slice one up and try to use it as the crust for some mini Paleo pizzas. It was easy and quick and really quite delicious! Here's how you do it:
- One medium eggplant
- Pizza sauce (make sure there's no sugar or canola oil in it if you're trying to go Paleo)
- Pepperoni (mini ones would be better)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Several tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash the eggplant and then slice it into rounds (about 1/4 inch in thickness). Place them on a baking sheet and brush the side facing up with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes, flip them, brush that side, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Spoon pizza sauce onto each eggplant round, then sprinkle Parmesan cheese (or skip it), then layer pepperoni on top. If you didn't buy mini pepperoni (like me) then you could use an apple corer to turn regular slices into a few mini ones.
- Top with a little more Parmesan and bake for about five minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt a little. Serve hot and enjoy!