I hope 2015 was a year that asked questions, because I don't have very much room for any more uncertainty these days.
2015 was a bad year.
- My parents split up and moved out of the house that used to be one of my favorite places in the world.
- Rob and I were in a car accident.
- My mom got cancer and had two surgeries.
- I took a step back from blogging and came back uninspired; feeling like I was flailing about in a sea of uncertainty while my peers raced ahead steadily.
- I tested positive for a BRCA gene mutation that increases my risk of breast cancer up to 84%.
And yet, it was a good one, too.
- We rescued a puppy and fell in love with him (as I'm sure you could tell from his ridiculous first birthday party).
- I was invited to speak at my alma mater about creating an unconventional job with an English degree, which I will always look back on as the first big honor of my career.
- We celebrated our first year of marriage in a city that finally feels like home.
- I teamed up with Courtney of Sweet C's Designs to pitch my first really huge blogging project and found myself on a sponsored trip to California to put our plans in action.
- We made a handful of really great friends and managed to maintain some old traditions in new ways--including sushi and bowling the day after Thanksgiving and a Love Actually girls night after a visit to a local holiday market.
I'm looking forward to so many new things in 2016--more travel, reading a ton of books, studying Spanish again, learning a few new skills (I have my heart set on hand lettering), and hopefully less heartbreak.
We all have so much to be thankful for, don't we?
Happy New Year, friends.