Friday Favorites (56)
Happy weekend you guys, we made it! It's been a really long time since I shared links with you on a Friday, but as usual I've been saving some to post. Hope you enjoy!
- An interesting cultural piece that I embarrassingly enough related to a lot: Tell-Tale Signs of the Modern-Day Yuppie.
- Trauma Workers Find Solace In A Pause That Honors Life After a Death. Sometimes the smallest moments can mean so much. Several of my good friends have gone through UVA for their medical education and I'm so proud of all of them.
- Speaking of friends I'm proud of (and NPR), can we all take a second to listen to this story by my awesome journalist friend Desiré? It was so surreal to listen to her voice on my computer!
- Your Child Should Never Be Forced to Hug Anyone--I was so into this. I'm obviously not a parent and I can't really remember a time that I didn't want to hug a friend or family member, but lately I've been dealing with this really weird situation:
- Since getting our dog, I've sort of befriended two middle-aged men who work near my apartment. We exchange pleasantries and they pet Ender and over the past few months we've become friendly acquaintances, but now they always want to hug me when they see me and it freaks me out! I usually just give them an awkward one-armed pat on the back, and it reminded me of a scene from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt in which Matt Lauer says "I'm always amazed by what women will do because they're afraid of being rude." Anyway, it's all just food for thought and definitely something I will think about when I have kids. We shouldn't ever feel weird about not wanting to hug someone.
- This poster is HIV-positive. What a brilliant and moving campaign.
- I laughed so hard at this video. I'm a big fan of fall but Matt Bellassai makes some compelling arguments.
- What a gorgeous (nude--NSFW) photo of an inspiring and beautiful woman. Life goes on, indeed!
- I think this song is the cutest and I'm obsessed with Pentatonix so obviously I loved everything about this version.
- This cozy vest.
- A watch with a leather band like this one.
- This hat.
- These sweatpants that I would most likely wear every day.
PS I'm working on a sponsored campaign with Ragu and would love for you to learn more by checking out their landing page here! I appreciate your support as I continue to work with brands.
After a crazy few weeks, I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend at home. What fun plans do you have for this long weekend?