I have to be honest and tell you that ground chicken is not something that I would normally buy. If I'm going to make burgers, you can bet that they're going to be made of beef; but the other day ground chicken was ridiculously cheap at the grocery store, so I bought two pounds and stuck it in the freezer. I said, "I'm going to make Buffalo chicken burgers out of this!" and that's exactly what I did last night.
- One pound of ground chicken
- 1/4 cups Frank's Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
- Lettuce for wrapping the burger (Iceburg or Bibb works really well)
- Toppings: mayo, tomato, onion, chopped celery
- Mix ground chicken together with hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Separate meat into four sections and make a patty out of each one with your hands.
- In a medium to large pan, heat the butter over medium heat. Place burgers in pan.
- Cook about eight minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked throughout.
- Serve with lettuce, tomato, onion, chopped celery, and a dollop of mayo if you're into it. Also, a sprinkle of celery seeds makes a nice touch.