Happy Friday! I can't believe that this is our last weekend in Minneapolis. Rob got in last night and will be working from home today. This weekend we're seeing some friends, packing some boxes, and just making the most of this fantastic city. This time next week we'll be moving out and hitting the road to North Carolina! The time has just flown by.
- I loved reading what Kristian Nairn had to say about Hodor and Game of Thrones in this piece. I love the thought that Hodor is a lot smarter than we might think.
- Why Are All the Cartoon Mothers Dead? This was something I came back to time and time again while writing my master's thesis on Disney.
- An interesting wedding-related infographic from Country Club Receptions--I must admit that even though my own wedding was three months ago, I'm still a little obsessed.
- David Sedaris on his father: "He would eat in his underpants," which led me to his piece in The New Yorker--Stepping Out: Living the FitBit Life.
- A new blog for you to check out this weekend: The Duchess of Plumewood
- Sadie doesn't want her brother to grow up. She is so cute and sad and I want to give her a hug. Also, I laughed.
- This little deer is not ready to stop getting belly rubs. I feel the same way about back scratches.
- The State of the American Dog. Rob and I would love to adopt a pit bull but it's almost impossible to find an apartment building that allows them.
- This piece on Jezebel made me laugh out loud: God Bless Blake Lively and Her Dumb Lifestyle Blog.
- This is What Sex-Positive Parenting Really Looks Like. We had a discussion really similar to this in a Literary Criticism class one time. Such an interesting and productive way to talk to children about sex.
- It may be a bit much, but this swimsuit is magical and would make me feel like a mermaid. What do you guys think? (And it's 70% off?! I might actually end up buying it this weekend.)
- I love a good, classic dress like this one.
- I'm not usually a big fan of a pointy toe on my heels, but these are just too pretty.
- This coat is dreamy. I'm ready for you, fall!
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
Photo by Brooke Alexandra Photography