Friday Favorites [on Saturday] (41)
Happy weekend, friends! I have some links I wanted to share but yesterday I really wanted to show you my DIY menu board, so here I am on a Saturday. Last night, Rob and I went to happy hour at Chino Latino with some friends, followed by coconut milkshakes at The Wedge. We've been really busy lately and it was so nice to just slow down and enjoy an evening (and be home early)! I have zero plans for this weekend other than sleeping in, going for a walk or two, and maybe having lunch at The Happy Gnome or breakfast at Modern Times (...maybe both).
But anyway, here are some links for your weekend!
- Game of Thrones Season 4: Inside the Episode #9--I'm not huge into battle scenes, but this episode ended up being one of my favorites so far. Kit Harrington was just so good! I love hearing the producers/writers/directors talk about the episodes, and this one was really well done.
- Nothing like a stampede of baby goats to warm your little heart!
Culture and Current Events
- "We are better people than what these laws represent." Federal Judges Now Seeing the Simple Truth About Gay Marriage: It's a Matter of Love and Equality. Amen.
- I really loved hearing Ryland's story (even if the article used the term "ugly crying"...I hate that so much). What a lucky kid to have such a fantastic family.
- As a not-so-religious spiritual person who used to be very religious, it is wonderful and refreshing to see these inspiring acts by religious groups and individuals.
- I love Laverne Cox and am so happy to see her speaking out, but man do some of the interviews she has to sit through make me cringe. She always handles them with such grace, though.
- This anti-Redskins ad gives me chills.
- I really want a pair of Salt Water Sandals this summer!
- I think this swim suit is super adorable--I love the shape of it.
- I would not say no to this gorgeous hat.
- I've been coveting pretty much every new item on Everlane, lately.
Books and Reading
- David Sedaris Tells You What to Read This Summer. I won't argue!
- I'm reading #GIRLBOSS for The Eighty Twenty Book Club this month and it is so awesome. Anyone else?
- Loved these words about love from John Steinback to his son. "The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away."
What are you up to this weekend? Hope you're having a good one!