Happy Monday! Rob and I are back from a great weekend away--we stopped at my parents' house Thursday night before heading to Farmville to visit two of my favorite college professors at Longwood on Friday. My brother met us for dinner and spent the night in town so we could hang out together on Saturday for a little Hampden-Sydney tailgating before the game. Then we headed back to Charlotte on Saturday night so we could wake up in our own bed on Sunday and have an entire day to unwind at home.
I thought I'd share some photos from my phone with you today, since it's been a while since I did that. Here's what life looks like lately, according to Instagram:
- Sunday hikes in North Carolina. This was yesterday at Lake Wylie.
- Rob and I on the field at this weekend's football game. My first time back as a wife!
- Grainger Hall, where I took all of my English classes at Longwood University.
- Post-grocery shopping last Monday afternoon (in my favorite boots). I had to go to the dentist later that evening for some work and thought that the flowers might cheer me up. They kind of did.
- My new favorite verse/mantra: "Be anxious for nothing." Easier said than done sometimes.
- What most Friday mornings look like these days--we've been traveling so much!
- My best friend Emma and her sweet boyfriend Bryan came to visit a few weeks ago and we had the best time.
- Autumn in Charlotte comes later than in other places I've lived, but I'll take it.
- The view from an Asheville parking garage.
What has life in your world looked like recently? I want to know.
Life Lately According to Instagram is a once(ish)-monthly feature in which I showcase my favorite Instagram shots. You can collow along with me in real time if you'd like--I'm @mflynnpete.