I have a pretty strict no-cooking-when-it's-over-90-degrees rule, so this summer I've been eating a lot of quick and easy salads that come together in a pinch. The problem with salads, as I'm sure you know, is that they can get really boring. This one is different--I put just a little lettuce in a bowl and then load it with sliced radishes, julienned cucumbers, sugar snap peas, cucumber noodles, and any other fresh veggies I might have in my fridge before topping the whole thing with a can of tuna.
You could serve this salad with my Paleo sesame vinaigrette, but I also like it with just a drizzle of sesame oil and a teaspoon of Thai chili garlic paste--pretty much the same ingredients without taking the extra minute or two to mix them together first.
And I always use Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore in Water--Bumble Bee offers responsibly wild caught Albacore that is delicious, versatile, high in protein, and absolutely perfect as the main ingredient in any meal--see their website for full nutritional facts.
- 1 5-ounce can of Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 1 cup of lettuce, chopped
- 1-2 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 of a large cucumber, spiralized or julienned
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 5-6 sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 slices or wedges of fresh lime
- 1/4 of an avocado, sliced
- A drizzle of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon (more or less depending on heat preference) of Thai chil garlici paste
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, layer veggies over lettuce and top with drained tuna.
- Season with salt and pepper, then dress the salad with a little sesame oil.
- Serve with a small spoonful of Thai chili garlic paste and top with avocado, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Serve with fresh lime wedges.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.