On My Reading List
I've finally gotten back into the habit of reading every night before I go to bed and it's been so nice--I'm definitely way too addicted to my phone so I always try to set it aside a few times a day (especially when Sophie is awake). Making time to read is such an important thing to me, so I like to have a working list of titles that I'm currently working on or plan to read next.
Here's what that looks like right now:
- Salt Fat Acid Heat: Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking: I've had my eye on this book for a long time (I listened to the author on an episode of the Bon Appétit podcast a while ago and loved her). It's kind of a cookbook but it's also just a book about cooking, which I love. And the illustrations are so good. I love sitting down with it and a cup of coffee every morning for a few minutes.
- What to Do When I'm Gone: A Mother's Wisdom to Her Daughter: This is on my list but I don't know if I'll be able to get through it. It looks beautiful but sad. I tend to love that kind of stuff but since having Sophie I've kind of stayed away from anything that might make me even more emotional than I already am.
- Things Are What You Make of Them: Life Advice for Creatives: I started following Adam J. Kurtz on Instagram recently and I just love him. Can't wait to read this.
- Amateur Hour: Motherhood in Essays and Swear Words: Really digging novels and essays about motherhood these days, and this one has been recommended by a few people who are almost always reading something good.
- The Self-Driven Child: The Science and Sense of Giving Your Child More Control Over Their Lives: A friend just recommended this to me and said she is really loving it. I tend to be an anxious and somewhat control freak-y person, so I really like the idea of being conscious of how that could affect a kid and their own anxiety/development.
- Educated: A Memoir: Another highly recommended book (and if it involves a cult then I'm definitely going to read it).
What are you reading these days?
This post contains affiliate links.