Books I Can't Wait to Read to Our Daughter (Part 2)
Now that we're on more of a schedule, one of my favorite parts of the day is after Sophie's bath when we sit in the rocking chair together as I feed her before reading her a story. We have so many great books and it's so fun to see her looking at the pages and listening to the words. I loved sharing these books with you last time so I'm back again with an updated list of books I can't wait to read to our daughter:
- Stellaluna: This is one of my all-time favorite books from when I was a kid. The illustrations are gorgeous and I just loved Stellaluna so much. I can't wait to read this one to Sophie soon.
- Press Here: I haven't read this one yet but I love interactive books like this. We have a farm animals book with different little swatches on each page and it's so fun to let her touch them.
- What Do You Believe? and The Kid's Book of World Religions: On Easter this year I wondered how we would celebrate when she's older--Rob and I both grew up Catholic and I was really involved in my church, but that's not the case for me anymore. I want to acknowledge what we believe, but I also want Sophie to know there are a lot of other ways people have a relationship with God (or not). These books seem like a good place to start that conversation.
- Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth: This one is in my Amazon cart ready to go. I just think it looks so beautiful and sweet--it's one of those books I wish I had had when I was younger.
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History: I am obsessed with this book--I think I read that it's coming in a board book format soon and I might get that one, too (Sophie loves books but she's a little young to sit still long enough for a non-picture book at this point). The illustrations are beautiful and I love having the opportunity to introduce her to so many badass women of color.
That's all for now! As always I'd love to hear any recommendations from you--I'm always on the hunt for a new book!
This post contains affiliate links.