It's that time of year again! Fall is just a couple weeks away and I'm dreaming of jeans and sweaters and boots as usual. This time, though, I'm also thinking about a few things I'd like to add to my wardrobe that might make life a little easier with a newborn (or, to be honest, just getting excited about fitting into regular pants again soon--fingers crossed)! I have a feeling that I'll be focused a bit more on comfort over style this fall and winter, but that doesn't mean I can't indulge in a few beautiful pieces! My wardrobe is already mostly black and stretchy (hello, leggings) and I haven't had to buy a ton of maternity stuff, so I think I'll be able to cruise right through labor and delivery and bringing home baby without having to splurge on too many new things for my closet this season.
Having said that, here are a few things I've got my eye on:
- I'm always on the lookout for a classic baseball cap that I can throw on when my hair is crazy but I don't feel like wearing a beanie or a floppy hat. This one looks like it could work, and I kind of love the light pink.
- I have a sweater that's kind of like this but it's more of a turtleneck than a poncho--I feel like this one would be perfect over a tank top to make nursing in public a little easier (although it would be gorgeous and comfy whether you're breastfeeding or not).
- I've been flirting with the idea of getting an Apple Watch--I think it would actually help me unplug a bit more and keep my phone in my bag instead of constantly scrolling through social media without a second thought. I like the idea of just knowing when you get messages or calls and responding from there, and now that the new one will have cellular service I feel like going on walks and things without a phone would be much more manageable. I never really felt like they were remarkably beautiful, though, but I'm really loving the metal band on this one.
- This is a wish list, so I can add $400 sunglasses, right? These are way out of my budget but I love how big they are--perfect for slapping them over a sleep-deprived and makeup-less face on a Saturday morning coffee run!
- I threw away my post-college skinny jeans a few months ago (they didn't fit me anymore, even before I got pregnant), and I think I owe it to myself to buy a new pair so I'm not constantly in athletic wear or jeggings...I think these are just perfect. (I'm a sucker for a high waist.)
- Fossil recently sent me this bag in brown and it is the perfect fall piece. It matches everything and is big enough to carry a water bottle, snacks, my wallet, and any other stuff I need on my way out the door--sometimes I even throw a sweater in there! It also has a little clutch that zips up, which I love using for lip balm and to keep my keys from getting lost.
- We got a lot of rain in the Bay Area last fall and winter which reminded me that I don't really have a good rain coat. This one is almost perfect, I just wish it were a tiny bit shorter. I'm still looking for the perfect one, but if I don't find something by October or November I may end up ordering this one because it's really lovely and also has a hood, which I definitely need.
- While we're on the subject of rain, the only rain boots I have are ankle-length, which are cute but not exactly practical. I really love the classic look of these simple black Hunters.
- Finally, a good pair of casual sneakers. I'm not really a jeans and sneakers girl (I usually opt for Chucks if I'm going in that direction), but I think a comfy but cute pair of tennis shoes would be great for running around town or walking around with Ender and/or the stroller after the baby gets here. These New Balances are so cute and minimal enough that I think they'd go with everything.
What's on your wish list this fall?
This post contains affiliate links.