Hello! It's been a minute since I've posted, and even longer since I shared a Life Lately According to Instagram post (hey there, 2015). For so long this blog was my main priority and my content calendar was super full, but lately I've been teaching more Pure Barre (I teach 8 classes a week! But next month I'll be cutting back to just 4) and working on more writing projects (there may or may not be another cookbook coming out this year), and I've found myself not only stepping back from Freckled Italian a little bit, but missing the way it used to be when it was just my hobby.
I still love working with brands and I hope to continue to share recipes with you, but I'd also like to get back to posting more little bits and pieces of life--the things I used to share when I wasn't so focused on a 5-day-a-week schedule of content.
So without further ado, here are some things I've been up to lately, according to the photos on y phone:
- Hanging out with Ender most afternoons. He doesn't help much but he's certainly cute.
- Went out for a weekend breakfast date with Rob the other day. We usually hole up at home over the weekends so it was kind of fun to go to Blue Bottle for cappuccinos and avocado toast.
- Rob's birthday was about a week ago--how cute is he?
- Snagged this bouquet of lavender from Trader Joe's and made simple syrup with it. Lavender iced coffees are kind of the best.
- Went to San Francisco to see Hamilton last Wednesday afternoon. It was incredible.
- I don't want to brag, but I've been eating more ice cream (and milkshakes) than anyone ought to lately.
Rob's parents are flying in today to spend the weekend with us, so we'll be showing them around and shooting up to Sonoma for the day on Sunday. It'll be so nice for them to see our house and Rob's office and all the things we've been up to on this side of the country!
What are you up to this weekend? What have you been up to lately? As always, I can't thank you enough for hanging out here and reading the things I share.