Friday Favorites (75)
Happy Friday! This week has been a busy one working on stuff for my new cookbook. We had such a great time last weekend in Tahoe, but I'm excited to spend this weekend at home--the weather has been so nice here in the Bay Area and it's given me a little springtime energy to clean the house, do a lot of cooking, and finally fold a ton of laundry that's just been hanging out in the dryer.
This weekend I'm planning to read a lot (I love my book club but I always leave the book until the last minute), go to barre class, and meet my cousin and his girlfriend for dinner at a hot pot place in our neighborhood. I've never had hot pot before and I'm so excited about it (Rob had it in China a few years ago and said it's amazing). And let's not forget about Sunday night HBO! I still love Girls, but is anyone else watching Big Little Lies? I'm completely obsessed.
As usual, I'm sharing a list of links with you before I sign off for the weekend. If you read/watched/found something interesting on the Internet this week, I want to know about it! Feel free to leave a comment and share it with us.
- I'm totally obsessed with these clogs, and they're on sale! (Although the ones I've had my eye on for weeks are still full price.)
- I love everything Nora McInerny writes, including this piece about getting her eyebrows micro-bladed. Can we please be friends, Nora? I'll move back to Minneapolis and everything.
- Some food for thought: A lot of Instagram-loving foodies are perpetuating racist stereotypes about ethnic dishes.
- Gold Birkenstocks? Yes please.
- I just got this tank top and have been wearing it so much. It's so comfortable and looks really nice even if you aren't working out. #athleisure
- Does anyone have any experience with Mario Badescu products? I love their rose spray but am thinking about trying out an actual skin care regimen through them. I'm intrigued by this cleanser.
- Game of Thrones Season 7--yassss. Not sure how I'm going to wait until July for it but man am I excited.
- Disney puts a "gay scene" in the new Beauty & the Beast film and people are already freaking out about it (although I think it'd be hard to argue that LeFou isn't clearly enamored with Gaston even in the cartoon). I personally am happy to see a character who may be exploring their sexual orientation get some attention on the big screen--I think it's going to be encouraging for young viewers (or adult ones) who may be in the same position.
That's all for now! I hope you have a great weekend--what's on your agenda?
This post contains affiliate links.