To a More Perfect Union
I had planned an essay post today but was hit with some pretty heavy writers block. One of my goals for 2017 is to not push things that aren't ready--to do better in all the areas of my life, but especially the creative ones. Sometimes that means just being patient.
Then I came across this lovely poster made by two super talented people whose paths I've crossed in Charlotte, and I felt called to share it with you today, on the inauguration of the next President of the United States. Regardless of your party affiliation or political beliefs, I think we all ought to commit to a more perfect union.
A few of my favorite points:
- You have power in creativity. Unleash it. Wield it.
- Remember your immigrant roots.
- Think critically. Act empathetically.
- If you're scared to speak up, you must.
- Manifest passion, respect, love, and open-mindedness.