Friday Favorites (64)
Happy Friday, friends! This week went by in a whirlwind. I turned in the majority of my book on Wednesday and gave myself a well-deserved day off after such a crazy month of work and moving. I went to the gym in the morning, then stopped by my favorite coffee shop for a leisurely cold brew before heading home to play with Ender in the yard before Rob went to work. Then I met Rob for lunch on my way to a 90 minute massage he had booked for me earlier this week!
Now that most of the work on the book is done for now, I can focus on settling into our new house and getting back to regular posting on the blog! I can't wait to share more with you about the cookbook, but until then, I'm just happy to be back to regularly scheduled life for a while. This weekend we're doing a lot of hanging around at home--Ender's best bud Lyla is staying with us on Saturday night, which should be fun. I haven't had a weekend with nothing to do in a while, so I'm ready for it!
Before I shut down my computer for a few days, I wanted to share some links I've been saving:
- "Instagram is ruining vacation." What do you think? I love sharing and looking back on photos from trips but I am guilty of sometimes seeing everything through the lens of my phone's camera.
- I loved this piece about anxiety and self-care.
- Also on the subject of anxiety: does this GIF calm you down? I love it.
- This fantastic woman is still running at the age of 100. What an inspiration.
- All Twisted Up by Gender Bending. Such a beautiful and interesting essay.
- My good friend Chad is a psychiatrist and shared this link on Facebook the other day. I think it makes some really great points that most people don't think about very often.
- Cutest little sugar glider! My old dog Rocky used to do something similar when you put him in water.
- I'M ALL ABOUT THIS SEASON OF GAME OF THRONES, Y'ALL. I feel like I want to start a club where we all talk about it non-stop every Monday morning.
- This looks like the perfect tank top.
- This vintage Yves Saint Laurent skirt is pretty dreamy (and reasonably priced, too).
- Can we talk about this polka dot dress that's only $22 right now?
- Do you think I could pull these funky sunglasses off? I think I need them.
- In case you missed it in my last What I Wore post, this is my current favorite hat and I wear it at least once a week.
That's all for now! What are you up to this weekend?