We've been home from Florida for almost a week now, but I'm still a bit in vacation mode--especially when it comes to my food. Too many cafés cubanos have me going through sugar withdrawal, and I don't know why I ever ate anything that wasn't a taco. Whether I'm up for it or not, it's definitely time to get back into healthier eating--which is why I whipped up this nicoise salad for lunch. It's full of veggies and protein, but it's also fancy, so you get the best of both worlds.
Ingredients (makes one large salad or a side salad for two):
- 1 12-ounce can of Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 1 large head of romaine
- 3 or 4 small, red potatoes
- A handful of green beans
- 1/4 cup of olives
- 4 radishes, trimmed and quartered
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the potatoes and put them in a frying pan. Cover with water and bring to a simmer. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until fork-tender.
- In a medium pot of boiling water, cook green beans for about 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Wash and chop your lettuce.
- Mix Dijon mustard and shallot in vinegar and olive oil and dress the lettuce, green beans, potatoes, and tomatoes.
- Arrange all ingredients over lettuce and top with tuna.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.