Recipe: Baked Eggs with Chorizo and Parmesan Chips
There's something about baked eggs that feels dreamy and romantic to me. They're luxurious and creamy, and really quite gorgeous; topped with cheese and fresh parsley or maybe a sprinkle of green onions.
I had never made them because I thought maybe they were too complicated, but the other day I gave it a try and they were so easy! It's less work than frying or scrambling for sure. And you can add whatever you want to them--I had some extra parmesan cheese so I made a few chips as a gluten-free dipping option.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of chorizo (or ham, or bacon, or nothing, or any other meat you have on hand)
- 2-4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- About a tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- Parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Use the butter to grease two ramekins.
- Layer two slices of chorizo into the ramekin and crack two eggs on top. Repeat with the other ramekin.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes, then add a sprinkle of parmesan. Return to oven for 2-5 minutes, or until the eggs have set to your liking. Top with more cheese if desired and garnish with parsley.
- To make the parmesan crisps, layer a small pile of shredded parmesan on a baking sheet and bake until crispy. I just did this while the eggs were baking. Keep an eye on it so they don't burn--it only takes about 5-10 minutes at the most.