We've talked about my love/hate relationship with eggs here before. I eat them almost every day, for a really long time, until the inevitable morning where I scramble a few and just stare at them. It's a fact-- you can only eat eggs so many days in a row before needing a break. You can make a smoothie or grab a Larabar or do whatever quick, easy breakfast usually takes the place of your eggs, or you can make Paleo avocado toast.
It's not fair that Paleo doesn't include bread, I get it. Especially when Instagram is exploding with sexy photos of toast piled high with avocado and all the fixin's. But if you toast up thick slices of sweet potatoes in olive oil or ghee, you might not even miss it (that much).
- One large sweet potato
- One avocado
- One to two tablespoons olive oil
- Lime wedges, sesame seeds, crushed red pepper, and/or sliced green onions
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Carefully cut the sweet potato into relatively thick slices. Season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large pan, cook the sweet potato slices over medium-high heat until they are fork tender and browned, about ten minutes on each side.
- Slice an avocado and layer onto the sweet potatoes. Top with sesame seeds, green onions, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and lime juice.