Recipe: Thai Tuna Lettuce Wraps
I'm a big fan of tuna salad, but I pretty much always do the same thing with it: mayo, salt, pepper, maybe some relish or a chopped up pickle, and then I eat it on a salad of field greens or with som sweet potato chips. It's delicious every time, but it can get a little boring. So when I was asked to create a recipe with Bumble Bee's Spicy Thai Chili-seasoned tuna, I jumped at the opportunity. Here's what I came up with:
- 3-6 ounces of Bumble Bee Sensations® Seasoned Tuna Medley, Spicy Thai Chili
- 1-2 large pieces of iceberg lettuce (big enough to use in place of a tortilla wrap)
- Half of an avocado, sliced
- One small carrot, julienned
- One small cucumber, cut into matchstick pieces
- Sesame seeds, lime wedges, and cilantro; for garnish
- Gather and chop all your toppings: the avocado, carrot, and cucumber.
- Wash lettuce and place on a plate. I like to use a piece that kind of resembles a little bowl.
- Open the tuna and spoon it onto the lettuce.
- Place carrots, avocado, and cucumber on the tuna. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Wrap up the lettuce and cut it in half. You can use a toothpick to hold the wraps together if you'd like.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and a few more sesame seeds and serve with a wedge of lime. Enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.