As much as I love to eat, I'm kind of bad about making the same few things every night for dinner--usually grilled chicken, burgers, chili, or hot dogs. It's so easy to stick to the basics during the week, but the truth is that it's not that much more work to throw together something a little more sophisitcated.
I made this Paleo pasta dish the other night and it was really delicious, but still incredibly easy and fast--and I only had to use one pan!
- 2-4 zucchini, washed and spiralized
- 1/4 of an onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- About 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2-3 ounces of salami, chopped or sliced
- 1/4-1/2 cup chicken stock, depending on how "brothy" you want the sauce to be
- Two large handfuls of arugula
- A small handful of grated parmesan cheese and walnuts, both totally optional
- Spiralize your zucchini and set aside.
- In a large pan, saute garlic and onion in the olive oil. Add the sundried tomatoes to the mixture.
- Once those are nice and sauteed, add some of the chicken stock. Combine the zucchini noodles into this mixture and cook for five or ten minutes, until the noodles become soft.
- Toss in the salami and plate in large bowls. Top with some arugula, walnuts, and cheese.