I don't know about you, but when it's hot outside, I usually don't feel like spending any more time than I have to in the kitchen, which makes a big, easy salad the perfect lunch or dinner. The other day I made a really delicious and bright salad with grilled shrimp and fresh fruit that is just perfect for summer, and I'm sharing it today over on the La Crema blog!
But before you head over there for salad (and candied walnuts!), I thought I'd leave you with a really easy and delicious balsamic vinaigrette recipe. I like to make a big jar of it so I'm always ready to dress a salad, but it's quick enough to whip up anytime you need it
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine Dijon, garlic, and balsamic vinegar.
- Stream in the olive oil while continuously stirring.
- Store in a container with a spill-proof lid so you can give it a quick shake before serving.