Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Pure Leaf via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Pure Leaf.
My friend Andy and his family always throw the best little backyard barbecue parties in the spring and summer, but I haven't been to one in a long time. I think the last time I was able to attend was on Memorial Day several years back, but I still remember Andy's mom's amazing bourbon slush, which is delicious, easy to make, and very simply dressed up or down (Solo cup? That works. Martini glass? Also fine.)
Now my family makes it every year when the weather gets warmer--you just throw everything into a big pitcher or even a plastic container, pop it in the freezer overnight, and just like that, you're ready to throw a party.
- 4 cups of Pure Leaf Iced Tea (I used sweetened)
- 24 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3 cups bourbon whiskey
- Orange and/or lime wedges for garnish
- In a large pitcher or another container, combine iced tea, lemonade and orange juice concentrate, and whiskey. Stir until the juice concentrates are melted and well incorporated.
- Place the mixture in the freezer overnight (at least 10 hours). The whiskey will prevent the entire thing from freezing, which is what creates the "slush!"
- To serve, scoop into glasses and garnish with a wedge of lime or orange (or both!).
Pure Leaf is a premium iced tea brewed from real tea leaves picked at their freshest. For recipes, tea tips, and daily inspiration, visit PureLeaf.com.