Disclosure: Compensation was provided by ConAgra PAM via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of the sponsor.
I haven't made cookies in a while, and with this warmer weather, I was in the mood to try something new. I ordered some matcha powder online (although I'm sure you can find it at any specialty grocery store) and got to baking!
I thought toasted almonds and some chocolate chips would be delicious with the grassy, almost-savory flavor that matcha provides--and I was right. You could totally omit the nuts if that's not your thing, though. And I used PAM Coconut Oil spray to keep the cookies from sticking, which always works like a dream.
This batter ended up spreading in the oven and the result was almost a cookie cake, so I cut out circles using a glass. I couldn't resist making a few mini heart cookies, since I just bought a little cookie cutter last weekend. You could stick to circles or make any shape you want!
- PAM Coconut Oil
- 1 + 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (or 2) handfuls of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toasted almond slivers
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons of grass-fed butter
- 3 tbsp raw organic honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- If they aren't already toasted, heat almonds in a dry pan over medium heat for a few minutes, or until fragrant and slightly browned. Keep an eye on them!
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together (almond flour, matcha powder, salt, baking soda, then chocolate chips and almonds).
- In a smaller bowl, mix the egg, butter, and honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter onto a cookie sheet that's been sprayed with PAM Coconut Oil. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges start to get crispy.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and cut out your cookies!
PAM Coconut Oil: PAM® Coconut Oil It's a gluten-free alternative to traditional coconut oil that you can feel good about. PAM Coconut Oil Spray has zero calories and zero grams of fat per serving.
Leaving up to *99% less residue, PAM is your ally in the kitchen and allows you to save time during prep and clean up.
* vs. leading cooking sprays (except olive oil), after spraying on glass bake ware, baking at 400°F for 30 min, cooling, and then washing in standard home dishwasher with detergent and repeating 4 times.