Gelatin! It's a thing I don't really think about. I make bone broth every other week or so but it's not really a staple in my diet. But after reading about the wonders that gelatin can do for your skin, hair, nails, digestion, and overall health, I really want to make more of an effort to eat it regularly. So this is my attempt at that: fruity little gummy snacks. You could do any flavor you fancy, but I started with strawberry and lemon. (I have my sights set on pineapple mango next!)
- 1/4 cup gelatin (preferably grass-fed--this one is a good choice)
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries (or any fruit you'd like to use)
- Juice from 2-3 lemons, or about 3/4 of a cup (again, you could use a different fruit juice)
- About a tablespoon of honey (more or less depending on your taste preferences)
- Combine fruit and juice in a blender until it is thoroughly blended.
- Pour into a saucepan over medium-low heat and add the gelatin and honey. Heat and stir until the mixture thins out a bit and is mixed well.
- Pour the mixture into a small dish or, if you have them, little candy molds. Store in the refrigerator for at least an hour to firm up. If you poured it into a dish, cut into squares and enjoy!