Recipe: Crock Pot Paleo Mexican Chicken
I'm a big fan of crock pot dinners because they make me feel really productive in just a couple of minutes: throw some stuff in there, turn it on, and check something off your to-do list. You only need a few ingredients for this one, which we just ate straight up in a bowl with a couple of toppings, but you could throw it over rice or make tacos out of it, too.
I wanted to call this one Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas, but I think fajitas need a lot of butter and a really hot skillet, so we're calling it "Crock Pot Mexcian Chicken." It's delicious, and really pretty when topped with some avocado and a wedge of lime.
- 1-1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons (or one of those little envelopes) taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toppings: more onion, sliced avocado, fresh cilantro, lime wedges
- Place vegetables at the bottom of your crock pot.
- Layer chicken on top and season with taco seasoning. Turn the chicken over and repeat.
- Turn crock pot on to high for 3 hours.
- After time is up, remove chicken and shred or chop. Put it back in the crock pot and keep warm until serving.