Nine Months of Ender
Ender's first birthday is coming up at the end of this month (we're celebrating it with a puppy party this weekend), and I'm finding it hard to believe that he's been a part of our lives for nine whole months. We've really got a routine down, and I feel like I know his little quirks so well, which brings me so much joy.
- Weighs 50 pounds.
- Dressed up as Dobby the house-elf for his first Halloween.
- Gets really itchy paws and ears whenever it rains for more than a few days.
- Absolutely loves pulling the cushions off of our couch and trying to dig. It drives me insane.
- Ran his first race last month--we did a 5K together and walked about a mile of it. We were a little worried that he'd be super distracted by all the people and other dogs, but he had so much fun running and was adorably focused.
- Barks at people when they walk by without greeting him or are carrying large objects, like a gym bag or a case of water. Our poor down-the-hall neighbor who always brings a ton of stuff to work is a little scared of him, I think.
- Gets so excited when Rob comes home and runs to our bedroom, sitting on our bed very politely and eagerly as Rob changes into "comfies" and then comes over to cuddle with him.
- Sleeps in his crate every night and gets in bed with us every morning when I let him out. He snuggles up to one of our legs and falls back asleep.
I'm so excited about the party we're throwing this weekend! I can't wait to share photos with you. Think puppy cake and party crowns (and four dogs running around our apartment--wish me luck)!
Photo by Sarah Gatrell.