Recipe: Six-Ingredient Paleo Fudge
It's a new year and I spent the holidays overindulging in sugar and dairy. I think it was probably worth it, but now it's time to get back to normal and stop eating so much crap. The first week or two of cutting out grains and dairy and refined sugar can be so rough, so I whipped up a batch of this super easy Paleo "fudge," which I sweetened with honey. Because sometimes you just need a little somethin' to get you through.
My favorite thing about this recipe, other than how ridiculously easy it is to make, is that I almost always have these ingredients in my pantry.
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts--I used almonds but hazelnuts would be really good, too
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (or less) raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- In a saucepan or microwaveable bowl, melt the coconut oil.
- Once it's liquid, sift the cocoa powder in and mix well with a whisk.
- Add the honey and the vanilla and continue to stir. Combine the chopped nuts and a pinch of salt into the mixture and pour the whole thing in to a small container lined with plastic wrap.
- Place the fudge into the refrigerator for several hours to set up. When it's firm, remove and cut into squares. Enjoy with a cold glass of almond milk (or some hot tea or coffee)!