New Year's Resolutions & Friday Favorites [on Saturday] (49)
Good morning from Charlotte! Rob and I got home last night and it felt so much like a Sunday--I'm excited that we have a full weekend to unwind and do laundry and really relax a bit before we get back to regularly scheduled life on Monday morning.
I can't believe 2015 is upon us. I'm not usually into making very specific New Year's Resolutions, but this year I really want to do my best to prioritize my life and stop making excuses. I want my health and fitness to stop sitting on the back burner when things get busy or stressful. I want to make even more of an effort to see my friends who live in different cities. And I want to make the most of life in Charlotte by exploring more and getting to know the city with the aggressiveness that we had while we were in Minneapolis.
What are some of your New Year's Resolutions?
I have just a few links to share with you this weekend--there aren't many of them so I didn't categorize them like I usually do. I hope you enjoy them and as always, feel free to leave me a link you loved in the comments below!
- I just updated this post with some new photos: DIY Glitter Pumps (So perfect for a wedding or New Year's Eve!)
- 6 Things I Wish I'd Known About Marriage When I Was 26
- This woman had me laughing out loud. Such a wonderful commentary on what life really looks like when it's inspired by Pinterest: What Happened When I Lived According To The Pinterest Popular Page
- 9 Important Tips for Sometimes Writers--I love the reality of number 9, "You don't have to write every day."
- How fun are these little Kate Spade glitter earrings?
- Leigh Anne Tuohy, Racism, and the White Saviour Complex. We all know Leigh Anne Tuohy has a good heart, but do you think maybe she could scrounge up a little sensitivity and common sense while she's at it? How embarrassing for those two boys just minding their own business.
- We're working hard on the finishing touches of the first volume of The Eighty Twenty Magazine this week, but I wanted to share this post which includes a video with some behind-the-scenes sneak peeks! I'm so excited to see this thing come together and I hope you all love it as much as we do.
Photo: one of my favorites from my bridal shoot, by V.A. Photography (again!)